Reduce Your Daily Stress Levels With Mindfulness
Do you need to relax? Most of people are having a busy life and do not have time to relax. In their busy life, people are on the run moment they get up from bed to the time they retire for the day. How can you be relax when whole day is spent in meeting the deadlines, pushing schedules, getting to office, getting back to home and not having enough time for having proper meals?
In addition, there can be different types of stress due to financial problems, health problems in family, lack of emotional support or work pressures. End result is we are feeling stressed mentally and physically for most part of the day. You need relaxation urgently if you are becoming easily irritable, feeling loss of energy, not enjoying your work and have a feeling of hopelessness. Even if you are perfectly fine and healthy, proper relaxation can make a wonderful change to your life and reduce your stress levels.
Often people find themeselves stressed out and not being able to relax even when they're not working. Lying in your bed does not ensure relaxation if your mind is busy elsewhere.
Is this Relaxation? Following activities are not true relaxation :
- Collapsing into a sofa and watching your favourite channels. Sex, violence and tear jerking emotions can further add to your emotional baggage.
- Reading a newspaper or a magazine can make you feel better but it is not true relaxation.
- Eating, drinking or partying.
- Gossiping or spreading rumours about colleagues.
- Use of drugs or any other intoxicant.
Is Relaxation possible? Yes, relaxation is possible for everybody but it requires positive action. You can master the master the art of relaxation with persistent efforts. Relaxation is not a one time affair, you have to practice it regularly. Make relaxation techniques a part of your life. Do a self analysis to identify any major causes of stress that can be resolved easily and try to remove them. For true relaxation, there has to be a paradigm shift in the way you think. You have to let go of things. Do not think that you are doing everything. Remember, you are not indispensable, world does not rest on your shoulders alone. Here are some tips for relaxation.
Yoga for relaxation. Yoga breathing and yoga asanas are real stress busters and improves your feel good factor. It removes negative feelings/ emotions from your mind. Yoga helps in harmonising your mind and body, provides you more energy to carry out your work.
- About 15 minutes of yoga practice in the morning can help. Practice shava asana and rhythmic deep breathing initially.
- Also, during the day, you can practice rhythmic breathing any time you have minimum three to five minutes of spare time. Concentrate on your breath during the day and become aware of the rhythm of breathing.
- In general, consciously try to take deep breaths whenever you have time. After some days your breathing will automatically become deep and you can feel the difference in your spirits and resulting mental peace.
- At least once or twice a week practice yoga nidra for complete relaxation.
Relaxation and mind control. Relaxation is an art which starts with a positive state of mind. If you resolve in your mind that you are happy and relaxed, you will feel relaxed. With continuous auto suggestions, mind can be trained over a period of time.
Concentration and meditation Spend some time in solitude in a day, preferably early morning. Choose a room with no light or any sound. Try to concentrate your mind. Observe the thoughts going through your mind as an independent observer. After some days practice,
gradually try to have a control on your thoughts. You should not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind. It is possible but requires practice. Develop an attitude of self confidence.
Actions for Relaxation. Forward your clock by 5 minutes and you can avoid most of the troubles. Be available for all your appointments well in time. For example, before going to office, get ready 5 minutes early, relax and think about days task.
- Close your eyes and take 5 to 10 deep breaths, this gives you a momentary break to reorganise your thoughts.
- At times, leave our place of work for few minutes and take a walk to coffee machine.
- Take to stairs and climb to next floor.
- A good night's sleep is essential for better relaxation and helps to avoid effects of sleep deprivation.
- Sometimes have a change in your daily routine. For example, sometimes go on a long walk in a nearby park. Spend some time in the lap of nature.
- Develop a hobby such as practicing yoga, meditating, cycling, swimming or gardening.
Emotions for Relaxation.
- You do not need other people's approval for all your actions, so be relaxed and do not bother what other people say about you.
- You can relax while doing your work, provided you like your work and work with full concentration.
- Do not worry about past or future, take care of your present.
- Spend some time with your family every day. Your family can provide you much needed emotional support.
- You can also find pleasant memories within you to help you create relaxation.
- Indeed having a happy married life and harmonious environment at home is essential for peace of mind.
Control your breathing and heart rate by using rhythmic breathing so that you stay composed and calm under all circumstances. Relaxation essentially involves identifying and prioritising your most important jobs and utterly disregard unimportant issues. Practicing these relaxation tips/ techniques will enable you to focus on relevant issues, improve your productivity at work and lead a healthy life.
Daljit Kaur is a yoga enthusiast, and editor of http://www.yoga-for-beginners-a-practical-guide.com a portal dedicated to provide valuable information on yoga to beginners. For more information on yoga, visit http://www.yoga-for-beginners-a-practical-guide.com Subscribe to her e-zine for free at http://www.yoga-for-beginners-a-practical-guide.com/yoga-for-health.html for more information. Copyright: You may freely reprint this article provided the whole text, the author name, all links and this notice remain intact.